NASA's awesome response to the 9-year old kid who had applied for the position of 'Planetary Protection Officer' of Earth - chaprama | Insights from the world of Technology and Lifestyle

Latest

Monday, August 7, 2017

NASA's awesome response to the 9-year old kid who had applied for the position of 'Planetary Protection Officer' of Earth


Last week we got to know through Business Insider that NASA has a job opening for a position, planetary protection officer. The role is to defend Earth from aliens. A salary of up to $US187,000 will be paid for the position. NASA needs the candidates with advanced degrees and experience working on interplanetary missions.

Many space agencies around the world have such positions but are only shared or temporary. Only two full-time roles exist for such a job in the world. One is with NASA and the other is with European Space Agency.

The job posting by NASA though looked surprising, one little 9-year old kid took it solemnly and applied for the job through a heartfelt letter and sent it to NASA.

The kid named, Jack Davis wrote to NASA if he could apply for the post. Jack, in the letter, explained NASA how he would suit the position and his experience and so on.

NASA's awesome response to the 9-year old kid who had applied for the position of 'Planetary Protection Officer' of Earth

Dear NASA,
My name is Jack Davis and I would like to apply for the planetary protection officer job. I may be nine but I think I would be fit for the job. One of the reasons is my sister says I am an alien.
Also, I have seen almost all the space movies and alien movies I can see. I have also seen the show Marvel Agents of Shield and hope to see the movie Men in Black. I am great at vidieo [sic] games. I am young, so I can learn to think like an alien.


The space agency could have dismissed the letter, but the planetary science director, Jim Green chose to type, sign, and send a note back to Jack Davis. And what Jim wrote to Jack is really impressive and he even called Jack on his phone to congratulate him on his interest in the position. Below is what NASA wrote to Jack.

NASA's awesome response to the 9-year old kid who had applied for the position of 'Planetary Protection Officer' of Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment